Monday, August 24, 2009

Welcome

My name is Mike, and I've been a spiceaholic for 5 years now. I got started the way most people do, through the gateway sauces. Frank's Red Hot, the stuff in the packets at Taco Bell, a few red pepper flakes on a slice of pizza. Back then I could take it or leave it, I was just a kid experimenting with some new flavors that I thought would help expand my palette. It was a pretty casual interest, at least until the day I first partied with Mr. T.

The problem isn't that once you've spent some time with Mr. T, aka Tabasco, you can't go back. The problem is that you don't want to. You just use more and more, until soon you stash a bottle of it in your desk at work and the first thing you look at on a menu are the items that have a pepper or an asterisk next to the description. In fact, those dishes are exactly what I'm looking for. This blog will chronicle my quest to try the spiciest, most delicious foods New York has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment